Thursday, April 3, 2008

Day 79: Back and Biceps a la Dumbbells!

This workout got so much better. My arms are still sore as I am typing this (1 day later!) and I loved the fact that I didn't have to "fake" it with the bands and hope that I'm able to get enough resistance.

The annoying thing about this vid is that the video cuts sometimes make it impossible to watch the correct movement without constantly rewinding. Tony does one rep, and we mostly see his face and then the last part of the rep and then he's getting up to "check on the kids!" The we watch the others do the routine, but we always either get it at the end of the routine or as they are switching. Bad timing, adn I didn't notice it as much when I was doing the bands because Tony usually does an okay job at expaining the bands (at least most of the time, there are obvious gaps).

I struggled with the pull-ups as the callouses onmy fingers are killing me. The gloves I have for the dumbbells and the pull-ups helped a bit, but I still feel it ripping my skin.

Again, most of my weights went down because of my over-zealous estimations, but a few of the weights were pretty close and I was able to push it up a bit. My reps went down as I was dealing with heavier weight. It doesn't look like progression on my Spreadsheet but I know I was bringing it with more weight. I went less for "lean" (12-15) and more with "mass" (8-12).

I did one-armed push-ups on my knees as there was no way I could do it otherwise. I vow that I will be better the next go around, but I can't fathom how I'll manage this.

It was humbling to only be able to do 20 pounds for the first leg of my Strip Set Curls. I was hoping to do 25-20-15-10. Talk about feeling like the 98 pound weakling all over again. But I still flex in the mirror and think I look great. I'll be brought down to reality soon, I'm sure.

My weight is back down to 171 lbs after being up to 173 last week. I am eating pretty well, but still not enough. I like the snooze alarm more than I like getting up to prepare lunch for myself.

Oh, well. I've learned a lot. I'll be much better when I start all over again.

Keep Bringing it!

No comments: