Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Method to My Madness! Why this blog?



What the hell was I thinking?

I used to be active. I could eat anything and remain a skinny, metabolistic freak of nature, much to the chagrin of pretty much everyone I ever knew. My diet presently consists of Dr Pepper, Doritos, quesadillas, hot dogs and chocolate. I'm 6'0" and about 185 lbs. Sounds about normal, right?

The problem is that I used to weigh 150 lbs. No, that was unhealthy as well, but three years and thirty pound later I understand that I need to adapt to my rapidly aging body. Back then I was playing a lot of hockey and my work involved a lot of walking around. Now I am working from home and this blog will document my attempt to follow a vigorous exercise program that can be utilized in a small living space. I also realize that I can't eat the way I have in the past as I am turning 40 this year. Oh, boy. What have I gotten myself into?
This blog is going to serve two purposes:
1. To document my progress with the extreme fitness program P90X. This will be for myself, but hopefully it can help some peoplke decide if they want to try this as well. I will include reviews of products I use, hints, tips, mistakes, etc.
2. To hold myself accountable as if I know that this blog will be staring at me if I miss a day. Any comments and encouragement will be greatly appreciated.
Here's to a FIT 2008!

2 comments:

braveheart said...

Hey man - Just completed the first week of the program and I really like it. I am a marathon runner who has been running WAY too long, and used to eating all the carbs I want. In the process, I have gotten pretty weak in my upper body. So far, the program and the diet are going great. I love all the upper body stuff (even though pull ups are rough!). The plyo and yoga really kick ass. For an informercial exercise routine, it's fairly high level (extreme?) but worth it so far.

Keep up with it!

P90XtremeTorture said...

Thanks for the comment. It makes me nervous that you're a marathoner and plyo is kicking your ass! I'm learning a lot already, and today is the first workout. I have a feeling I'll be feeling it this week!