Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Day 84: Yoga: Early in the Week, Late at Night...

The fact that I had to do Yoga so early int he week and not have the satisfaction of being done with it for a while had me procrastinating until just before bedtime.

I did much better in many of the poses, but I took a lengthy break in the middle and it messed up my concentration. As tempting as it is to take a break between each of the half hours (you can tell I wasn't up for it at all tonight!) I think it is a bad idea. You need to commit to doing the 90 minutes and do it all at once.

I still wish Tony was better at verbal cues. If you aren't watching, you can get behind. Several times he is talking and the camera is on someone else ("I choose to not do a push-up!" and then we are watching someone else!) or he says he's going to tell us when to "go" and then he never does. It is especially annoying during the torturous "Yoga Belly 7" when he doesn't tell you when to pump it up, you have to watch the clock.

Anyway, I haven't worn my heart rate monitor during Yoga. It is one of the Polar models that beeps at you when you aren't in the "zone" so I figured it would be below "moderate" most of the time and would defeat the purpose of Yoga. But I am interested in knowing how hard my heart works durng yoga, so I might try it and see if I can turn off the alarm.

Keep Bringing it!

No comments: