Sunday, April 13, 2008

DAY 90: I DID IT! HOLY P90X, I DID IT! (Finishing the Home (X) Stretch!

In the words of the greta Stephen Colbert, "I Did It!"

With "X Stretch" in the books, I officially completed all 90 days of P90X.

It was fitting to end with the X-Stretch, which was the biggest surprise of the program. It was both enjoyable and beneficial. I am so glad that I never skipped the stretching. An awesome routine that I will turn to again and again no matter what workout I am using.

Quick thoughts:

I'm stronger. Still not a guy you are going to be intimidated by, but I can lift heavy objects if needed. And I'd be ready to bring my Kenpo on in a New York minute if surrounded by attack Ninjas!

I lost 13 lbs.

I feel great. I look as good as I have looked in years (not just according to me!).

I have kicked my Dr Pepper addiction (although I will still drink it, just not as constantly!)

Anyway, that is just a quick summary. But I am really excited about the fact that I committed to the program and I did every single day without missing a single workout.

I will probably take a few days, maybe even a week off, but I will be back to working out soon. I needed to prove that I could do this program and I did it.

Bring it!

I'll take my "Post Test" and post the results (and compare them to the pre-test) as soon as I figure out when I should take it. Tomorrow? Tuesday? Any suggestions? I guess I can look it up in the manual!

3 comments:

Vegas Slim said...

Congratulations!

I'm eleven weeks behind you (just starting week three today). And I made the mistake of thinking I needed to go with the "Lean" routine when I should have done it up Classic style. I'm already seeing some pretty good results, though (and maybe one of these days I'll actually manage an unassisted wide front pullup).

As for when you should take the pictures and do the retest, my vote would be yesterday. Don't freak out, but you've actually now done 91 days of "the X." You were done with the 90 days on Saturday.

(Looks like you counted day 64 twice).

HABS said...

Way to Go!
I'm still right behind you and have to say a great big thank you for giving me someone to relate to! Now if only the Rangers and habs can make it to the conference final all would be good in the world!!!
Regards,
Chris/HABS

John White said...

So how is the program going? Are you still on it?